- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring, optional
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add the next five ingredients; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forMakeover Out-on-the-Range Cookies
"Great recipe, the cookies were moist and had a nice consistency. Definitely will make again, my husband and I enjoyed them very much."
"These are great and have become one of our new favorite cookies. I use a 1/2 C. regular sugar and 1/4 C. Splenda for both the white sugar and the brown sugar. It helps lower the total sugar content without comprising the taste and texture. My husband and I are both on Weight Watchers and these are a tasty treat. It's not easy "healthifying" baked goods, especially cookies, but if you need to lower your sugar and fat intake, give these goodies a try. I think you'll like them a lot."
"This batter is so addicting and yummy! The cookies are good out of the oven but they're best eaten when cooled."
"I've been making this recipe for my husband & many others since I found it in the L&T magazine. He loves them & so does everyone else! They are chock full of healthy ingredients--I use natural peanut butter & Splenda. They're wonderful!"