Makeover Out-on-the-Range Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring, optional
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars until crumbly. Beat in the next five ingredients. Combine dry ingredients; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 filled pita half: 103 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 1, 2011
Great recipe, the cookies were moist and had a nice consistency. Definitely will make again, my husband and I enjoyed them very much.
Apr 6, 2011
These are great and have become one of our new favorite cookies. I use a 1/2 C. regular sugar and 1/4 C. Splenda for both the white sugar and the brown sugar. It helps lower the total sugar content without comprising the taste and texture. My husband and I are both on Weight Watchers and these are a tasty treat. It's not easy "healthifying" baked goods, especially cookies, but if you need to lower your sugar and fat intake, give these goodies a try. I think you'll like them a lot.
Apr 1, 2011
This batter is so addicting and yummy! The cookies are good out of the oven but they're best eaten when cooled.
Feb 9, 2010
I've been making this recipe for my husband & many others since I found it in the L&T magazine. He loves them & so does everyone else! They are chock full of healthy ingredients--I use natural peanut butter & Splenda. They're wonderful!