Makeover Old-Fashioned Banana Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 cups cubed firm bananas
- 1 jar (10 ounces) maraschino cherries, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, egg whites, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Beat into dry ingredients just until combined. Stir in pineapple. Fold in the bananas, cherries and walnuts.
- Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Add the batter. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 304 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 258mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 8, 2009
Never mind...I just misread. Fine reading teacher I am!
Mar 8, 2009
Since I am doing Weight Watcher's, I really need the caloric count and fat and fiber for the makeover cake. You did not give that.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.