Makeover Noodle Kugel
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 1 package (12 ounces) yolk-free noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups Daisy 1% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 3 whole crackers)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Toss with butter; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cottage cheese, sugar, eggs, egg substitute, sour cream and ricotta cheese until well blended. Stir in noodles.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 271 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Dec 24, 2017
I was taught to make this by adding a can of pineapple bits or chop up. It really needs the fruit addition I think.
Feb 4, 2011
Even my picky eaters loved this casserole. It's a snap to fix and sweet, but not too sweet. Perfect for brunch or make ahead for ready to heat-and-eat breakfasts. Be sure to stir the noodles into the egg/cheese mixture so they get well coated. Yum!
Jan 31, 2011
My first attempt at kugel - turned out great! Definitely tasted like a noodle-y custard...very yummy!