Makeover Nacho Beef Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated reduced-fat crescent rolls
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces baked nacho-flavored tortilla chips (about 2 cups), crushed
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, water and taco seasoning; mash slightly. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until heated through; set aside.
- Unroll crescent dough and press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; seal seams and perforations. Spoon beef mixture over dough. Spread sour cream over beef mixture; sprinkle with cheese and chips.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce and tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 357 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 728mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 20g protein.
Oct 3, 2016
A similar pizza is a huge seller at a popular local restaurant. (Minus sour cream...they swirl taco sauce on top and no beans). They call it a Tostada Pizza. Every kid who comes back home to visit has to go to The Ambassador for their Tostada Pizza fix. I use to make it when the kids were living at home.. You've made me hungry for it again. I'll be making it without the exorbitant restaurant cost. Even less costly would be to make your own pizza dough. Taste better too. Thanks
Jul 14, 2015
Kids loved it. We did bake dough first then added meat mixture cooked for 5 min. just to melt cheese.
Jul 11, 2015
Nice change and perfect for a summer meal.
Jan 14, 2014
This has great flavor but the dough didn't cook on the bottom. Next time, I will try and bake the crust first, add the ingredients and bake until cheese melts. Then add the lettuce and tomatoes. I will try this again. We loved the flavor and it was fun---if we didn't have to scrape off the raw dough. ;)
Jul 21, 2013
Fresh and full of flavor !
Jan 31, 2013
Kids LOVED this! didn't go low fat - used Mexican Blend Shredded Cheese and drizzled each slice w/mild taco sauce - awesome idea to use for home daycare -
May 11, 2012
My daughter loves nachos, so I was excited to find a healthy dinner recipe! My family absolutely loved it!! We will continue to use this recipe for years to come.
Dec 30, 2011
Soooo good it's definitely a keeper and we've already made this twice in one month!
Dec 30, 2011
This was very good. I used 2 Lbs. of ground sirloin, sauteed onions with the beef, and I didn't mash after I added the beans. Makes less than 12 servings. Everyone went back for seconds, so it was more like 6 servings.
Feb 13, 2011
We just finished eating this, and everyone liked it. It is going into my recipe rotation, for sure! I recipe is great as is, but you can also make variations easily with whatever you have in your pantry. I actually added a can of chopped green chilies, and greek yogurt instead of sour cream...I even thought about calling corn (and probably will next time).
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.