- 1-1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 jars (2-1/2 ounces each) prune baby food
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sugars, baby food, oil, vanilla and chocolate mixture. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add to the chocolate mixture; mix well. Stir in nuts.
- Spread into a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forMakeover Moist Fudgy Brownies
"My husband is a brownie nut and he did not notice it had been lighten up. These brownies were very moist and rich. The only change I made was that I used Walnuts instead of Pecans."