Makeover Mini Bacon Quiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash pepper
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Place tart shells on an ungreased baking sheet; fill each with 2 teaspoons mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until filling is set and shells are lightly browned. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 54 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
May 18, 2019
I make these for every gathering and receive many complements. I can make them weeks ahead of time and place them back in the tart shell package and freeze them. Before the company comes, pop them in the oven until the cheese is melted and voila! Can't beat it. I never vary the recipe either.
Feb 27, 2013
Wonder if they freeze. Sounds good but I would have to freeze makes to many for one person.
Feb 26, 2013
Is there something I can use instead of ricotta cheese???
Oct 18, 2012
Apr 27, 2012
They were so easy and quick to make. Everyone loved them.
Jun 9, 2008
As a busy woman on the go, I'm always looking for a quick, tasty breakfast that doesn't take forever. These Mini Bacon Quiches definitely fit the bill! They're light, delicious, bite- and travel-sized, and can be made with whatever's on hand. What's more, I'm on Weight Watchers and these delicious treats are only 1 point! Excellent!