Makeover Mini Bacon Quiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash pepper
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- In a small bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Place tart shells on an ungreased baking sheet; fill each with 2 teaspoons mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until filling is set and shells are lightly browned. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 54 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 27, 2013
Wonder if they freeze. Sounds good but I would have to freeze makes to many for one person.
Feb 26, 2013
Is there something I can use instead of ricotta cheese???
Oct 18, 2012
Apr 27, 2012
They were so easy and quick to make. Everyone loved them.
Jun 9, 2008
As a busy woman on the go, I'm always looking for a quick, tasty breakfast that doesn't take forever. These Mini Bacon Quiches definitely fit the bill! They're light, delicious, bite- and travel-sized, and can be made with whatever's on hand. What's more, I'm on Weight Watchers and these delicious treats are only 1 point! Excellent!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.