Makeover Linguine with Ham & Swiss Cheese
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine, broken in half
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1-3/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ham, 1-1/2 cups cheese, soup, sour cream, onion and green pepper. Drain pasta; add to ham mixture and stir to coat.
- Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 10-15 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 293 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 22, 2015
Very easy but this was just ok. It is not something I will make again but would suggest adding peas and more seasoning.
Jul 11, 2012
The only change I made was using fat free sour cream. It turned out well and was very creamy. Next time I make it, I think I will try peas instead of green pepper.
Apr 29, 2012
i made with cream of celery soup, don't like mushrooms, very good. reheats very well.
Mar 10, 2011
This was ok, but not something I will make again.
Feb 24, 2011
My family loved this casserole! I left out the green pepper and added peas, yum!
Feb 22, 2011
Very easy to do and flavorful too!