Makeover Italian Chicken
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/3 cup dry white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 cups uncooked yolk-free whole wheat noodles
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm; set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with salad dressing mix. In the same skillet, brown chicken on both sides. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Stir the soup, cream cheese, wine, milk and reserved mushrooms into skillet; heat through. Spoon over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Serve with chicken and sauce; sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 417 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 860mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 41g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 15, 2014
Great flavor. I omitted the mushrooms since my husband doesn't like them. I did add about 1/2 t salt to the sauce to give it a little extra flavor. I also used the entire packet of Italian dressing mix, what I didn't sprinkle on the chicken I added to the sauce.
Apr 27, 2012
This was so good! I couldn't find the cream cheese it called for so used an italian cheese version from Philadelphia & it was delicious! The mushrooms really took it up a notch.
Feb 6, 2011
This recipe is very similar to a favorite recipe in our family called Chicken and Sauce. It was the first meal I made my husband after we got married and we fell in love with it. The problem was the original was so fattening though that I hardly ever made it anymore. Now we are able to enjoy this recipe and not feel so guilty when we eat it.
Mar 26, 2010
My hubby was very skeptical after looking at the picture. BUT, he was in love after the first bite! Both my 5 and 2 year olds loved it too! It was easy to make. The only thing I did differently was I cut the chicken breast length-wise so it was thinner and therefore cooked quicker. Because I did that I needed to make more noodles. I covered the dish with foil since I didn't have an oven safe lid. Covering it is very important.