Makeover Hot Pizza Dip
This standout makeover has less than half the saturated fat and way fewer calories than the original recipe. Guaranteed to be a hit at your next gathering! —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 4 cups
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 4 ounces sliced turkey pepperoni, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices, toasted
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and Italian seasoning until smooth; spread into a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- In a small nonstick skillet, saute pepper and onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Spoon over cheeses. Spread pizza sauce over pepper mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses, pepperoni and olives.
- Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with toasted baguette slices.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 154 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 466mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Makeover Hot Pizza Dip in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.