- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 2% cottage cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 12 whole wheat tortilla (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cottage cheese, sour cream, chilies, cumin and coriander; set aside.
- For sauce, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute onion until tender. Stir in the tomato sauce, salsa, chili powder, oregano, garlic powder and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place a heaping 1/2 cup meat mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Pour sauce over top.
- Cover and freeze one dish for up to 3 months. Bake the remaining dish, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with 6 tablespoons cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- To use frozen enchiladas: Thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Cover and bake as directed. Yield: 2 dishes (6 servings each).
Reviews forMakeover Gourmet Enchiladas
"This was fabulous!! easy, and the second one in the freezer is a bonus!"