- 1 package (1 pound) spaghetti
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and chop tomatoes; set aside. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and garlic salt. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the broth, wine or additional broth, parsley, basil, salt, pepper and pepper flakes. Stir in the reserved tomatoes and chicken; heat through.
- Drain spaghetti. Add chicken mixture and cheese; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMakeover Garlic Chicken Spaghetti
"Excellent. I suggest serving over pasta instead of trying to combine it all. Loved it."
"My family loves this dish. A few changes I made was substituting the dried tomatoes for fresh, because I never have dried on hand, and I skip the white wine and use more chicken broth for the same reason, and I subst. oregano for the basil since no one here likes that herb. This dish is also delicious without the chicken as a meatless meal. Highly recommended."
"The first meal was just ok but the following day it was awesome!"
"I have a gluten intolerance, so I used rice noodles and skipped the flour and garlic salt. I added in cornstarch with the broth to thicken. Even my husband liked it!"
"A regular on our menu."
"The cooked chicken was out of this world when I snuck a piece of it, but I wasn't too impressed by the the whole dish when it was put together with the sauce. Perhaps because I didn't have sun-dried tomatoes, but be forewarned if you are replacing with fresh/canned that the taste is sorely lacking. Still good, still would make it again, just not nearly as good as I thought it would be. I WILL be very inclined to simply cook the chicken the way the recipe suggests, that was REALLY good!"
"This recipe is just delicious. My oldest daughter requests it often. I often substitute a can of diced tomatoes for the sundried tomatoes and it is just as yummy."
"I thought 1 lb of spaghetti was too much. The next time I make this dish, I'm going to try 12 ounces instead. Otherwise, we loved the flavors of this dish! I used whole wheat instead of all-purpose flour and whole wheat pasta."