Makeover Fluffy Lime Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lime gelatin
- 3 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine the gelatin, water and reserved juice. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Refrigerate until syrupy, about 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in gelatin mixture, marshmallows, walnuts and pineapple. Fold in whipped topping.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 206 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 11, 2013
I make this salad as a side dish for almost every holiday. (I omit the walnuts as I don't care for them-cook's choice).Everyone who eats it loves it & I've been asked to bring it to other gatherings. I'm wondering if anyone has tried another flavor jello.
Apr 13, 2012
I love love this recipe. i took it to a family gathering and wish i had doubled the recipe it was eaten so fast.
Aug 17, 2011
my husband really liked this. I did too, just couldn't eat as much as he did. lol
Jul 31, 2011
Meh... it was okay, nothing special. I had hoped it would be more creamy, came out kind of stiff.