- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, applesauce and butter. Stir in corn. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forMakeover Favorite Corn Bake
"Best corn casserole ever! You can't tell it is healthier. My toughest family food critics asked for more!"
"I haven't made this recipe but I have one little different. I brown 1lb hamburger meat drain, add 1 T chili powder can tomto soup or Rotel or stewed tomatoes which ever you have in stock, one can water, can corn and simmer for 10 minutes. Pour into casserole dish and then mix Jiffy cornbread mix and drizzle on top and bake 400 for 15 minutes or until brown on top. We love this and is very quick and easy to make."
"I just made this recipe for the first time and it was a huge hit. It was easy to make with readily available ingredients. This is definately a keeper!!"
"Is this a make over of Corn-bread casserole (https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Corn-bread-casserole) that was in one of the very early issues of quick Cooking? It is one of our favorites (actually the whole meal featured with it is a favorite). It is hard to determine how the nutrition has really changed (if it is the same recipe) as it is a different size pan and number of servings. Thanks."