Makeover Farm Girl Breakfast Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and egg substitute on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or until light and lemon-colored. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in the cottage cheese, 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese and chilies.
- Pour into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 210 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 128mg cholesterol, 665mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein.
Mar 4, 2015
This was very good and easy to make. Great source of protein. I served it with sour cream and really liked it like that. I would definitely make this again.
Jan 22, 2013
Oh so delicious! I used 10 eggs and fat-free cottage cheese and it turned out perfectly.~ Theresa
Apr 28, 2011
I halved this recipe for my husband and myself. It was excellent and not near the calories as in the original. Easy too!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.