- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and egg substitute on medium-high speed for 3 minutes or until light and lemon-colored. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in the cottage cheese, 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese and chilies.
- Pour into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMakeover Farm Girl Breakfast Casserole
"This was very good and easy to make. Great source of protein. I served it with sour cream and really liked it like that. I would definitely make this again."
"Oh so delicious! I used 10 eggs and fat-free cottage cheese and it turned out perfectly.~ Theresa"
"I halved this recipe for my husband and myself. It was excellent and not near the calories as in the original. easy too!!"