Makeover Fancy Bean Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 3 cups frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup cubed reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta)
- 5 teaspoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/3 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add cracker crumbs and almonds; cook and stir until lightly browned. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until heated through and topping is golden brown.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 213 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 355mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jan 14, 2016
I prepared this casserole for Christmas and it was absolutely delicious.The only things different I did was to use regular and not low fat ingredients and also did not put in chestnuts because my family does not care for them.I give this a thumbs up and definitely will make it again.
Oct 12, 2012
I used the regular versions of everything, and it was a hit! So good!
Nov 18, 2011
i made this recipe for thanksgiving last year and it was such a great hit, i am making it again this year, everyone loved it!!!
Nov 18, 2011
I made this recipe for thanksgiving last year and it was such a great hit, i am making it again this year. everyone loved it!!!
Apr 19, 2010
This was a very good twist on the gold standard!
Jan 5, 2010
This is GREAT
Jan 3, 2010
Loved this recipe with a few changes. Don't care for chestnuts or onions much, so deleted those and used chile con queso instead of velveeta! Then deleted the crackers and almonds and crumbled Tomato/Basil Wheat Thins on top - just delicious!
Dec 7, 2009
This was a hit at our Thanksgiving this year! I will be making this one again for sure!
Nov 30, 2009
I made this for Thanksgiving and everyone loved it, even the Grandma's who love the traditional green bean casserole. They even asked me for the recipe! I will make this often.
Nov 29, 2009
The first time I fixed this, my family ate it all. I will definitely fix it again.