Makeover Family-Recipe Salad Dressing
Connie Pettersen of Aitkin, Minnesota tried lightening her mother-in-law's recipe and then let our Test Kitchen lighten it up further. The salad dressing dropped in fat and calories, but kept the delicious flavor of her mother-in-law’s original recipe.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 5 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small pitcher or bowl. Refrigerate until serving.