Makeover Deviled Eggs
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 4 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- Paprika, optional
- 1. Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks; refrigerate 8 yolk halves for another use. Set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash remaining yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream, bread crumbs, mustard, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Garnish with olives. If desired, sprinkle with paprika.
1 half: 62 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 medium-fat meat.
Feb 19, 2019Fat Free Mayonnaise and Reduced Fat Sour Cream weren’t even available in the 1950’s and in the 1950’s NO ONE would have removed 1/2 the egg yolks which BTW are actually not bad for you. With these modifications the result does not taste like the Deviled Eggs I remember when I was young!!! Why not substitute imitation bread crumbs to!!! Keeping up with 21st century research and wisdom, the full fat products are actually better for you than the reduced fat versions that are loaded with High Fructose Corn Syrup or GMO Sugar (unless it states cane sugar, sugar today is GMO Beet Sugar which is also contaminated with Monsanto’s Roundup/Glyphosate) and artificial toxic flavorings and other chemicals which are much worse for you that the fat that has been removed.!!!
Feb 5, 2019Sounds good, I'm on a no / low fat diet and love deviled eggs.
Feb 3, 2019Editor’s comment about stuffing for a turkey doesn’t make sense!
Mar 10, 2018
Egg yolks are better for you than bread crumbs
Nov 26, 2017
Not intrigued by the addition of olives but am very impressed with the addition of a bit of bread crumbs.
Aug 21, 2017
Jul 5, 2012
Very good makeover recipe. If you love deviled eggs but are trying to cut back on fat and calories, this is the recipe to use.