Makeover Deviled Eggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 hard-boiled large eggs
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- 4 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- Paprika, optional
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise and remove yolks; refrigerate eight yolk halves for another use. Set whites aside. In a small bowl, mash remaining yolks. Stir in the mayonnaise, sour cream, bread crumbs, mustard, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Garnish with olives. If desired, sprinkle with paprika.
Editor's NoteThis recipe is enough stuffing for an 8 pound turkey. If this dressing is used to stuff poultry, use 1/2 cup egg substitute in place of the 2 eggs.
Nutrition Facts1 half: 50 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 95mg cholesterol, 133mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 medium-fat meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 10, 2018
Egg yolks are better for you than bread crumbs
Nov 26, 2017
Not intrigued by the addition of olives but am very impressed with the addition of a bit of bread crumbs.
Aug 21, 2017
Jul 5, 2012
Very good makeover recipe. If you love deviled eggs but are trying to cut back on fat and calories, this is the recipe to use.