Makeover Crunchy Pumpkin Dessert Squares
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + cooling
- 1 can (30 ounces) pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can (12 ounces) fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups fat-free whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine the pie filling, milk and eggs; beat on medium speed until smooth. Pour into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with cake mix and pecans; drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish with whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 246 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 335mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 1, 2014
This recipe is a hit! Something different from traditional pumpkin pie, very easy, and very tasty!
Nov 29, 2013
This is the 2nd year to make this. We love it!! As mentioned by rdooley65, I cut the calories by using fat free evap milk. I also use 1/2 box of cake mix. You really don't need so much mix. And yes, to Angel-Food on the 1st of Jan, you MUST used the pumpkin PIE FILLING!!
Nov 11, 2013
I will be making this with a sugar free came mix, sugar blend and fat free evaporated milk and 0 Cal butter spray, for Thanksgiving. Just a little healthier.
Jan 1, 2013
I think denbet thinks it is bitter because she didn't use Pumpkin Pie Mix. She probably used pumpkin only. I agree a whole box of cake mix is too much. This is one of the best Healthy Cooking recipes I've tried.
Dec 11, 2012
Nov 24, 2012
Tasty but a mess. Does not look like the picture. Followed directions exactly and bottom never solidified to cut into squares. It was like pudding. How does everyone get this out of the pan without everything falling apart?
Nov 29, 2011
WOW! This was delicious! I have already made it 3 times and given the recipe to several friends that ate mine!! Love this!!
Nov 13, 2011
I have made this twice and both times used only 1/2 of a butter cake mix and only 1/4 cup chopped pecans. I also used 1/2 stick of reduced fat butter instead of 2 sticks. The second time I used the butter spray which was not as good. Without the butter each piece is about 130 calories. I will definitely make this again and again.
Nov 10, 2011
This had no spices or anything to give it taste, all you tasted was the bitter pumpkin
Nov 10, 2011
There were 10 of us in the office, and everyone LOVED this!