- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound bay scallops
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup sherry or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a Dutch oven, saute shrimp and scallops in 1 tablespoon butter until shrimp turn pink. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute the celery, red pepper and onion in remaining butter until tender. Sprinkle with flour; stir until blended. Gradually stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return seafood to the pan; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMakeover Creamy Seafood Soup
"I have made this several times. Delicious!"
"This was delicious. I also added Old Bay seasoning and that gave it a real nice flavor."
"I made this soup with a shrimp, scallop & calamari mixture. It was so yummy!! The red pepper added just enough spice to it! Can't wait to make it again!!"
"I make this all winter long. It's incredible. Add 2 T old bay to the finished product and you think you've gone to seafood heaven!"
"This is awesome! I have added half pound of imitation crab meat. We love it!!!"
"I've made this a few times and it's always great! It's one of those meals that you can have ready when you know that family/friends are coming in to visit, but not sure when."
"We love this soup and ower 12 year old son couldnt get enough of it. we will be making it again"