Makeover Creamy French Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- In a blender or food processor, combine the lemon juice, ketchup, sugar, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt, mustard, onion powder and garlic powder; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Process until thickened. Transfer to a bowl; stir in cornstarch mixture. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 90 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 18, 2013
This is a great recipe! I blended all of the ingredients together before adding in the cornstarch and water mixture - but I don't even know that you need that mixture! It was actually pretty thick on it's own, next time I may leave that out. I also substituted a 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder instead of the chopped onion since that's all I had. The end result was good, but seemed like it was missing a little something. I ended up adding in a teaspoon of paprika and it was perfection! A great french dressing I can make at home, love it!