Makeover Creamy Cranberry Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes12 servings (2/3 cup each)
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, pineapple, marshmallows, apple, sugar substitute and salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, fold in whipped topping and walnuts.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 133 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Dec 14, 2014
Haven't made yet but ,a Question,Why Salt? , seems unnecessary??
Nov 27, 2012
My 9 year old grandson always asks for this on Thanksgiving..I had misplaced recipe, but found it again this year and he was very happy! Nice and tart, but sweet!
Jan 2, 2012
Made this again just yesterday and finished a serving of it just before typing this... Very easy to make, and wonderfully tart and delicious! Used Splenda and kept nuts on side for those who don't like or can't have nuts.
Dec 8, 2011
Sep 28, 2011
This has become my 'must bring' dish, no matter the season.
Dec 26, 2010
I left out the nuts b/c my kids don't care for them. My 5 year old ate this up! Great addition to our Christmas menu.
Jun 22, 2010
Excellent recipe. I did use sugar and regular whipped topping; however.
Nov 22, 2009
My family loves this dish. It's a fall favorite.
Mar 4, 2009
very good receipe