- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberries, pineapple, marshmallows, apple, sugar substitute and salt. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Just before serving, fold in whipped topping and walnuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forMakeover Creamy Cranberry Salad
"Haven't made yet but ,a Question,Why Salt? , seems unnecessary??"
"My 9 year old grandson always asks for this on Thanksgiving..I had misplaced recipe, but found it again this year and he was very happy! Nice and tart, but sweet!"
"Made this again just yesterday and finished a serving of it just before typing this... Very easy to make, and wonderfully tart and delicious! Used Splenda and kept nuts on side for those who don't like or can't have nuts."
"This has become my 'must bring' dish, no matter the season."
"I left out the nuts b/c my kids don't care for them. My 5 year old ate this up! Great addition to our Christmas menu."
"Excellent recipe. I did use sugar and regular whipped topping; however."
"My family loves this dish. It's a fall favorite."
"very good receipe"