Makeover Cream Cheese Streusel Bars Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk together first five ingredients; cut in butter until fine crumbs form (mixture will be powdery). Reserve 1/2 cup mixture for topping. Lightly press remaining mixture into an 8-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake just until set, 8-10 minutes.
- 2. Beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in milk. Add egg and vanilla; beat just until blended. Pour over crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- 3. Sprinkle reserved topping over filling. Bake until filling is set, 5-10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 216 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat.
Reviews for Makeover Cream Cheese Streusel Bars
"I had low expectations when I made this recipe but loved it. I squirted some I Can't Believe it's Not butter on the crust suspecting that it could be dry and flowery. I will make it for Thanksgiving so that we can save a little on the calories"
"WHOEVER JUDGE THE AMOUNT OF INGREDIENTS IN THIS RECIPE WAS TOTALLY WRONG...THIS RECIPE TURNED OUT AWFUL. THE CRUST WAS STILL FLOUR MIXTURE AND THE TOPPING WAS FLOUR MIXTURE ALSO, DID NOT TURN OUT GOOD AT ALL. WE WERE NOT ABLE TO EVEN EAT THIS, SO IT WAS A WASTE OF MY MONEY."
"not as good as expected.The topping didn't melt like it should have leaving a coco/flour/sugar powder on top where a nice chocolatey crumble should have been. Ok flavor but the bottom was really hard.I followed directions and used listed ingredients..."
"These turned out poorly. Not at all what I expected. I am sorry I wasted my good ingredients that were purchased with hard earned money on this."
"Great recipe; not an overkill on cream cheese. Very rich. I added milk choc chips, which were good, but not necessary."
"Would it be possible to use Splenda in place of the sugar?"