Makeover Crab Appetizer Mold Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds. Stir; let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine the soup, cream cheese, mayonnaise and gelatin. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the crab, celery and onions.
- 3. Transfer to a 5-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Unmold onto a serving platter; serve with crackers. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
1/4 cup: 72 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Makeover Crab Appetizer Mold
"This has been a favorite in our family for more years than I can remember. It is always a hit and the only change I made over the years is to use 'artificial' crab in place of the canned. This allows those will allergies to shell fish to enjoy with everyone else."