Makeover Crab Appetizer Mold
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- Assorted crackers
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds. Stir; let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- In a large saucepan, combine the soup, cream cheese, mayonnaise and gelatin. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in the crab, celery and onions.
- Transfer to a 5-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set. Unmold onto a serving platter; serve with crackers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 72 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Aug 28, 2012
This has been a favorite in our family for more years than I can remember. It is always a hit and the only change I made over the years is to use 'artificial' crab in place of the canned. This allows those will allergies to shell fish to enjoy with everyone else.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.