Makeover Corn Pudding Recipe
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Whisk in the milk, egg substitute, butter and salt. Stir in the corn, cream-style corn and cheese.
- 2. Pour into a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 197 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 403mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Makeover Corn Pudding
"This is a great alternative to traditional corn pudding. It's not ask creamy, but that is to be expectedone since there isn't all that fattening ingredients in it. I would still recommend this to everyone who is looking for a lighter version."
"I love corn pudding and couldn't taste a huge difference in the light and regular version."
"i've made better corn casseroles than this. a disappointment!!"
"Big hit with the whole family, even the super picky eaters. Everyone had seconds. Very easy. Will make again. I used regular two regular eggs instead of substitute and that worked fine."
"Tried this recipe for the first time on Thanksgiving day. It was loved by all and requested again soon. I've prepared similar corn recipes but this one wins the blue ribbon for sure. Thank you for sharing."
"The first time I made this my boyfriend was all over it!! Now he can't wait for the dinners when I include this side dish! It is very yummy, thanks for sharing the recipe"
"How many eggs can I use instead of egg substitute?"
"Is 8 cups of frozen corn accurate? It seems like a lot."