- 3-1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) French-style green beans, drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups crushed reduced-fat butter-flavored crackers (about 50 crackers)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Toss the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over vegetable mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forMakeover Corn 'n' Green Bean Bake
"Even this makeover recipe is too rich. I made this today for Thanksgiving in place of green bean casserole. That was a mistake, we couldn't eat it. I made it exactly per recipe, cooked it for 45 min, and it was nice & bubbly. However, the onions peppers and corn were way undercooked. I won't be making this again, but if you want to try it I would recommend cooking the onions, peppers & celery first in saute pan until tender. Also, I did not like the frozen corn, too tough. I would also substitute canned corn (the summer crisp). Maybe decrease the amount of sour cream also."
"I never made things with 'Butter favored crackers' but finally I read people use Ritz Crackers! Haven't made this yet but I printed it up."
"What kind of flavored crakers do you use?"
"To make this even lighter, what about sprinkling cracker crumbs, then spraying them with the no-calorie butter spray? I think it will be worth a try, and it's not a change written in stone. If it doesn't work as well, then back to the original instructions."