Makeover Chunky Peanut Butter Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar blend
- 1 cup reduced-fat chunky peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butters, brown sugar and sugar substitute until light and fluffy. Beat in peanut butter. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, oats, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the raisins, coconut and chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda sugar blend.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 104 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 21, 2010
can these chunky peanut butter cookies be madeover so diabetics can eat them? there is too much sugar in them. too many carbs.
Jul 1, 2010
sugar blend is splenda and sugar mixed
Jun 25, 2009
What is sugar blend in this recipe?
Feb 13, 2009
PS Now we call these WOman cookies!
Feb 13, 2009
I made these for myself, and my husband (who doesn't need to cut calories!) LOVES them. These are now his favorite! The original recipe is similar to one that my Grandma had, and hers was called "Man Cookies" because they were the only ones that filled up the men who had come to help with the 'threshing.' [I left out the raisins, and they turned out GREAT] THANK YOU!