Makeover Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded zucchini, squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the egg mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in zucchini and nuts.
- Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray and floured. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 373 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 13, 2010
I used a little more Zucchini they it asked for, maybe to much will try it again
Aug 31, 2009
Lowfat Sugar-free Frosting8 oz. fat-free cream cheese1 package (4 serving size) sugar-free instant pudding mix1 cup milk8 oz. carton sugar-free whipped toppingBlend cream cheese and pudding mix; gradually add milk. Fold in whipped topping. Makes about 5 cups frosting.
Aug 18, 2009
I made this cake and it was wonderful. I used Splenda sugar, and various kinds of summer sqash. Now if I could only find a lowfat sugar free frosting