Makeover Chocolate Zucchini Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded zucchini, squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the first eight ingredients until smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the egg mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in zucchini and nuts.
- Pour into a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray and floured. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack; cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 373 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 311mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Sep 13, 2010
I used a little more Zucchini they it asked for, maybe to much will try it again
Aug 31, 2009
Lowfat Sugar-free Frosting8 oz. fat-free cream cheese1 package (4 serving size) sugar-free instant pudding mix1 cup milk8 oz. carton sugar-free whipped toppingBlend cream cheese and pudding mix; gradually add milk. Fold in whipped topping. Makes about 5 cups frosting.
Aug 18, 2009
I made this cake and it was wonderful. I used Splenda sugar, and various kinds of summer sqash. Now if I could only find a lowfat sugar free frosting
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.