Makeover Chicken Artichoke Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine the flour, bouillon and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in the soup, yogurt and mayonnaise until blended. Stir in the chicken, artichokes, water chestnuts, rice mix with contents of seasoning packet, mushrooms, onion, celery, pimientos and pepper.
- Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with stuffing cubes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until edges are bubbly and rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 431 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1240mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 6, 2012
My family really liked this dish! I thought it was light, yet filling. I will definitely make it again!
Feb 20, 2009
Since I didn't have plain yogurt on hand, I used vanilla low-fat yogurt and ruined this expensive-to-make casserole
Jan 27, 2009
This was an excellent dish. I used cream of potato soup (low fat) instead of celery and it added another dimension the bake. I will make this again!