Makeover Chicken Artichoke Bake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sodium-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup seasoned stuffing cubes
- In a small saucepan, combine the flour, bouillon and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until thickened. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in the soup, yogurt and mayonnaise until blended. Stir in the chicken, artichokes, water chestnuts, rice mix with contents of seasoning packet, mushrooms, onion, celery, pimientos and pepper.
- Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with stuffing cubes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until edges are bubbly and rice is tender.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 431 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1240mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Feb 6, 2012
My family really liked this dish! I thought it was light, yet filling. I will definitely make it again!
Feb 20, 2009
Since I didn't have plain yogurt on hand, I used vanilla low-fat yogurt and ruined this expensive-to-make casserole
Jan 27, 2009
This was an excellent dish. I used cream of potato soup (low fat) instead of celery and it added another dimension the bake. I will make this again!