Makeover Chicken A La King Casserole
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 6 ounces cubed reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the soup and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add the chicken, celery, green pepper and pimientos.
- Drain noodles; add to chicken mixture and mix well. Transfer to a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and golden.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 306 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 405mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 5, 2012
Really good. Like the crunch of the almonds on top.
Aug 31, 2011
Didn't add almonds but was still very good!
Sep 5, 2010
Took a double batch of this to a family reunion today and didn't bring any home!