Makeover Cheesy Bean Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1-1/2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- Tortilla chips and assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses; set aside 1 cup for topping. Add the beans, tomatoes, cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning to the remaining cheeses; stir until blended. Transfer mixture to a greased 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with reserved cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly around the edges. Serve warm with chips and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 61 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 177mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 lean meat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 18, 2015
Tastes good in a pinch.
May 28, 2013
You won't miss the fat in the sour cream....but the cheese just isn't the same. However, as reduced fat goes, this recipe is good.
Jun 20, 2012
We made this for a cooking class I was teaching. The kids loved it!!! Super Yummy!!!!
Nov 1, 2011
This does not taste light and is a constant on Mexican night.
May 5, 2011
Jan 21, 2011
Very tasty. You can't tell that you've used reduced fat ingredients.
Dec 21, 2009
My husband, Don, could eat this dip every week if I let him! Though we live in Sedona, the winters can get chilly, and we really enjoy this dip with different cut vegies, chips and crackers. Thanks for a great recipe! Joy Wilmot