- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugars, baking powder, coffee granules, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir in oil until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 15 muffins.
Reviews forMakeover Cappuccino Muffins
"I made them in mini muffin cups and they're a perfect mid-afternoon snack"
"I thought this was a keeper as a grown up snack, but my son loves it too!"
"I have not made this recipe. I don't like coffee, what can I use in place of instant coffee granules?"