Makeover Broccoli Cheddar Brunch Bake Recipe
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, cubed
- 8 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups egg substitute
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, melt butter. Add broccoli and onion; saute until crisp-tender. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, egg substitute, 1 cup cheese, milk, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in broccoli mixture. Pour into a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 178 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 459mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Makeover Broccoli Cheddar Brunch Bake
"This is so good and left overs if there are any are just as good"