Makeover Blueberry Whipped Topping Dessert
This lightened-up dessert is so yummy, one of our taste testers even said it “tastes like summer in every bite.” Now that’s sweet success! Laura M. Baudoin - Raceland, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, pecans and butter. Press onto the bottom a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in gelatin mixture until blended. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust. Spoon pie filling over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 232 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Makeover Blueberry Dream Whip Pie in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.