This lightened-up dessert is so yummy, one of our taste testers even said it “tastes like summer in every bite.” Now that’s sweet success! Laura M. Baudoin - Raceland, Louisiana
Recommended: 35 Treats Quick Enough to Make on a Weeknight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) fat-free cream cheese
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, pecans and butter. Press onto the bottom a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Beat in gelatin mixture until blended. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over crust. Spoon pie filling over top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Makeover Blueberry Whipped Topping Dessert in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p22
Reviews forMakeover Blueberry Whipped Topping Dessert
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review