Makeover Au Gratin Hash Browns
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups cornflakes, lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the hash browns, cheese, onion, salt and pepper. In another bowl, combine the sour cream and soup. Pour over potato mixture and mix gently to combine. Transfer to a 3-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Toss cornflakes and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 190 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 492mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Apr 17, 2014
This was good but I thought there was too much topping. If I make this again,I will cut the topping down by a half. Otherwise, the flavor was very good and even better leftover
Apr 6, 2013
Always a hit at family potlucks! For the sour cream, I use 1/2 sour cream and half plain yogurt (greek yogurt is a little too tangy); I rarely make the cornflake topping.
Dec 9, 2009
I used unsalted butter and low-sodium cheese ,to reduce the content more in this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.