Make-Ahead Veggie Salad
Assemble this colorful mix of vegetables and let it soak up the sweet & sour dressing overnight. The next day, you'll be ready to go with a refreshing, delicious salad that tastes extraordinary! —Shirley Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + marinating
Makes30 servings (1/2 cup each)
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen shoepeg corn, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 4 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Place remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 8 hours or overnight, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 91 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Originally published as Marinated Vegetable Salad in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.