Make-Ahead Vegetable Medley
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) lima beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut wax beans, drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) small peas, drained
- 1 can (7 ounces) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, peas, corn, onion, green pepper, cucumber and pimientos. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 243 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 21, 2014
This recipe is nearly identical to my mothers recipe. We used baby corn on the cob, and insead of cider vinegar we used garlic red wine vinegar. Baby pearl onion rings are nice too! This bottom of the bowl extras make a great topper for a mixed green salad the next day! [email protected]!
Apr 10, 2011
I have made this recipe several times and almost everyone that tastes it asks for the recipe.I prefer to use Balsamic Vinegar and add a few pinches of crushed red pepper.This recipe is becoming a tradition for family get-togheter in our family.
Jul 23, 2008
I made this recipe for a picnic, and it really was a hit. I had a few people ask me for the recipe they said it was so tastey and they wanted to make it themselves.