These scrumptious rolls are made with convenient frozen bread dough and can be prepared the night before and baked the next morning.—Mark Clark, Twin Mountain, New Hampshire
Recommended: Maple Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins, optional
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and cream. Divide evenly between two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Sprinkle with pecans; set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll each loaf of bread dough into a 12x8-in. rectangle; brush with butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Top with raisins if desired.
- Roll up from a long side; pinch seam to seal. Cut each roll into 12 slices; place with cut side down in prepared pans. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator; cover and let rise until doubled, about 2 hours. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Sticky Cinnamon Rolls in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p47
Reviews forMake-Ahead Sticky Cinnamon Rolls
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 1, 2016
"These are awesome! I make these for special occasions usually, but sometimes when we want cinnamon rolls for the next day, I will make these the day before."