Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 loaf loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup cold 2% milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- Arrange cake slices in a single layer in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes or until thickened; beat in ice cream. Pour over cake. Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in frozen strawberries. Chill until partially set.
- Spoon over pudding mixture. Chill until firm. Garnish with fresh strawberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 256 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 411mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
May 14, 2013
my absolute favorite. good for just us and great for company, very impressive
May 30, 2010
This recipe is so easy to make. Light and tasty. I will certainly make it again and again. Keeps for days in the refrigerator. Great make-ahead dessert. Joyce N.
Jan 21, 2010
I substitute frozen pound cake and top it off with frozen whipped topping. There is never any left. I am always requested to make this!
Jun 12, 2008
This looks delicious and quick and easy to fix.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.