- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add flour, cook and stir until the mixture begins to bubble. Gradually stir in milk; bring to boil. cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese until melted; set aside. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add eggs and salt; cook and stir until the eggs are completely set. Add the cheese sauce and broccoli; mix well. Pour into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Melt the remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMake Ahead Scrambled Eggs
"This recipe is absolutely delicious! Although it takes a bit of time to prepare, the final result is well worth it. The prep work is done the night before, so reheating the eggs in the morning makes breakfast/ brunch a breeze! I'll definitely be making this again!"
"I actually leave out the vegetables."