- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- In a saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add flour, cook and stir until the mixture begins to bubble. Gradually stir in milk; bring to boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in cheese until melted; set aside. In a large skillet, saute mushrooms and onion in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Add eggs and salt; cook and stir until the eggs are completely set. Add the cheese sauce and broccoli; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Melt the remaining butter and toss with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMake Ahead Scrambled Eggs
"This recipe is absolutely delicious! Although it takes a bit of time to prepare, the final result is well worth it. The prep work is done the night before, so reheating the eggs in the morning makes breakfast/ brunch a breeze! I'll definitely be making this again!"
"I actually leave out the vegetables."