- 1 pound bulk regular or spicy pork sausage
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain. Add pepper and green onion; cook and stir 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; cool 10 minutes. Stir in cream cheese until blended; cool completely.
- Unroll one can of crescent dough and separate into four rectangles; pinch perforations to seal. Press each rectangle to 6x4-1/2 in.; spread each with 1/3 cup filling to within 1/4 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal. Roll gently to make logs smooth. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with remaining crescent dough. Freeze, covered, until firm, about 1 hour.
Cut each log into 10 slices. Bake on parchment paper-lined baking sheets until golden brown, 15-18 minutes. Serve warm.
Freeze option: Freeze pinwheels in freezer containers, separating layers with waxed paper. To use, bake frozen pinwheels as directed, increasing time by 3-5 minutes. Yield: about 6-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forMake-Ahead Sausage Pinwheels
"They are good, a nice addition to the snack table but l found them a little to salty. I would try and find a reduced sodium sausage the next time. Janet VFE"