Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup chopped dill or sweet pickles
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 12 hot dog buns, split
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the ketchup, pickles, salt, pepper, garlic powder and pepper sauce; heat through. Stir in cheese.
- Place about 1/3 cupful on six buns; serve immediately. Cover and refrigerate remaining meat mixture until cool.
- Fill the remaining buns; wrap individually in heavy-duty foil and seal tightly. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen sandwiches: Bake in foil at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 295 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 908mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 18g protein.
Nov 22, 2009
So easy and great to have in the freezer. Love how crispy the buns are when baked in the foil. My husband general doesn't like pickles, but he loved these! I used dill pickles.
Aug 13, 2009
I'm gonna use burger buns, can't wait to make them.
May 21, 2009
These sound great for Memorial Day!
May 20, 2009
These were so easy to make and my whole family loved them. Next time I will definately make a double batch so I can try freezing some since we had hardly any leftovers! YUMMY!!
Apr 9, 2009
These are great!! Easy to make and when you take them out of the freezer and cook them they are just as good!! We will make more of these to keep on hand for busy nights!!