Make-Ahead Marinated Shrimp
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (16-20 per pound)
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 pound small fresh mushrooms, halved
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Add shrimp, artichokes and mushrooms; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 81 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 3, 2014
No one liked it and no one ate it!! Sounded good at the time and I bought large expensive shrimp!! Big mistake.
Jan 26, 2011
This recipe is so easy and so good. I got rave reviews and several requests for the recipe.
Jan 10, 2011
Excellent and very quick to make. This is even better a few days later (if that's even possible).
Dec 24, 2010
My neighbor make these last week for our annual Christmas Party ..they were a BIG hit