- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup chocolate syrup
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional chocolate syrup
- Mint leaves and candied cherries
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. pan with foil; set aside. In a bowl, combine milk and chocolate syrup; fold in whipped cream. Pour into the prepared pan; cover and freeze for 6 hours. Prepare and bake the cake according to package directions, using a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool for 10 minutes; invert cake onto a wire rack to cool completely. Transfer to a serving platter. Remove cream mixture from the freezer; carefully invert onto cake and remove foil. Spread whipped topping over top and sides. Return to the freezer for 2 hours. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Just before serving, drizzle with additional chocolate syrup; garnish with mint and cherries. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forMake-Ahead Holiday Cake
"If it were possible I would give five stars for taste and no stars for assembling the cake. The frozen layer that goes on top of the cake did not freeze, I'm sure because of the sugar content. Perhaps if you have a deep freeze that is set below 0 it might work but I only had my refrigerator freezer to work with. I managed to spread the semi solid layer onto the cake but trying to add the whipped cream over the top resulted in an unappetizing mess. Fortunately I made it for close family and they had a good laugh then ate the whole thing."