Make-Ahead Eggnog French Toast
My husband loves to try new recipes and discovered this eggnog-flavored toast. Preparing it the night before is a great time-saver for a busy morning.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 5 slices white bread (1-1/4 inches thick)
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place the bread in an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, eggnog, cinnamon and nutmeg. Pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Grease a 15x10x1-in. baking pan with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Carefully transfer bread to prepared pan. Brush with remaining butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes. Carefully turn slices over. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown and slightly puffed. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Serve immediately.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with commercially prepared eggnog.
Originally published as Eggnog French Toast in Country Woman Christmas 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.